Inspirational Quotes | Quote 360/365
The countdown continues: 5 quotes to go! This is your last chance: if you have a suggestion for a quote, please let me know in a comment below.
You always have choice in life: to be a victim or to be a survivor
I know the image for this post may be disturbing for some, but I feel strongly about it. I think it really represents how pain scars you but also the clear choice you have in front of you.
I first heard this saying when I was volunteering with the S.A.R.T. program in San Diego, helping sexual assault survivors, and it really resinated with me. How many times I dwelled in self-pity? While, shortly, feeling sorry for yourself when things go wrong it is a healthy way to express frustration and sadness, it is also fundamental to switch attitude: if nothing else, to regain some of the control you feel is gone during tough times.
It will give you strength and courage to forge forward. So, next time you feel lost, think about how many other tough times you survived and know that this will also pass.
Are you a survivor of sexual assault? Here are some resources.
- Rape Abuse Incest National Network (RAINN): 800-656-HOPE (4673)
- Department of Defense Sexual Assault Prevention & Response (SAPR) Helpline: 877-995-5247
In San Diego:
- Center for Community Solutions (CCS) Rape Crisis Hotline: 888-385-4657
- Women’s Resource Center (WRC): 760-757-35
- Child Protective Services: 858-560-2191
Photos by Sharon McCutcheon on Unsplash andZulmaury Saavedra on Unsplash